Careers at Answer
GSAPP - Dean's Office Seeks Accounting Assistant
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 70,800 students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Accounting Assistant for the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP). This position reports to the GSAPP Business Manager and provides support the budget office. The Accounting Assistant is responsible for day to day accounting, purchasing, payroll and bill payment functions, maintain financial records and accounts, monitoring reconciling payments and revenue.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Assists Business Manager with analyzing data and preparing financial documents and reports for internal and external purposes consistent with the goals of the various programs and departments.
- Ensures that department accounts are sufficiently budgeted before completing payroll distribution paperwork.
- Provides data regarding business functions that will be used to guide project planning and operations.
- Assists the Business Manager with grant accounting, budgeting and effort certification (ECRT).
- Makes appropriate adjustments, grant related agreements and financial reports and analysis.
- Provides assistance on miscellaneous accounting and administrative matters as needed.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Good communication skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work independently under broad supervision and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office 365, word, and excel.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with competing demands on time.
- Preferred experience in Rutgers systems; Sciquest , HCM, Discoverer and ROCS. Fluent with Peoplesoft, Google Docs, and Adobe Professional.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter at https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/112840