Careers at Answer
Answer Seeks Full-Time Sexual Health Trainer
Answer is a national organization that provides and promotes unfettered access to sex education for young people and the adults who teach them. We are dedicated to ensuring young people have the knowledge and skills they need to be happy, healthy and safe well into the future. For over 35 years, we have helped adults be the best sexuality educators they can be by providing the latest resources, most current information and best practices for reaching and teaching the young people in their lives.
Answer seeks a full-time (37.5 hours per week) trainer to work with the director of training to develop, pilot and implement a broad spectrum of online and in-person professional development opportunities to support Answer's organizational mission. This position is based in Piscataway, NJ and requires frequent national travel.
- Reporting to Answer’s director of training, the trainer’s key duties will include:
- Working in partnership with the training staff to implement nationwide training and professional development on a variety of sexual health topics for professionals in a variety of formats and venues.
- Developing and adapting new training designs that incorporate best practices in adult learning theory, professional development, and sex education.
- Developing and facilitating training for the Sex, Etc. teen staff orientation and monthly meetings in collaboration with the director of training and the director of communications.
- Collaborating with the director of training and the development and marketing manager on developing and implementing marketing strategies and engaging in direct outreach to potential clients.
- Creating high-school level lesson plans for each edition of the Sex, Etc. magazine which contain measurable learning objectives and sound pedagogical approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have at least two years of experience in sex education and training both adults and teens.
Candidate must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, internet skills, and the ability to learn a variety of social media platforms.
Candidate must demonstrate discretion when facilitating training and professional development with adults both in terms of presenting and responding to controversial content and maintaining a professional demeanor as a public representative of Answer.
Candidate must be comfortable with issues related to adolescent sexuality. The ability to work with and respect a diverse groups of teens and adults who may hold many different points of view is essential.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in sexuality education, human sexuality, education or related field is preferred. Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES or MCHES) with the required knowledge, skills and abilities are encouraged to apply.