Careers at Answer
Answer is a national organization that provides and promotes unfettered access to comprehensive sexuality education for young people and the adults who teach them. We are dedicated to ensuring young people have the knowledge and skills they need to be happy, healthy and safe well into the future. For nearly 40 years, we have helped adults be the best sexuality educators they can be by providing the latest resources, most current information and best practices for reaching and teaching the young people in their lives.
Answer seeks a full-time (37.5 hours per week) training and technical assistance manager to work with the interim executive director to develop and implement a broad spectrum of online and in-person technical assistance and professional development programs across the country.
Reporting to Answer’s interim executive director, the training and technical assistant manager’s key duties will include:
- Overseeing existing projects and creates new ones that support Answer's strategic vision for professional development offerings.
- Executing and managing Answer's on-going technical assistance contracts.
- Managing and supports training department staff and consultants.
- Managing all administrative tasks related to the various training initiatives.
- Builds and maintains relationships with external audiences.
- Creating high-school level lesson plans for each edition of the Sex, Etc. magazine.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have at least four years of experience in sexuality education and training adults and teens.
Candidate must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, internet skills, and the ability to learn a variety of social media platforms.
Candidate must demonstrate discretion when facilitating training and professional development with adults both in terms of presenting and responding to controversial content and maintaining a professional demeanor as a public representative of Answer. Candidate must be comfortable with issues related to adolescent sexuality. The ability to work with and respect a diverse groups of teens and adults who may hold many different points of view is essential. National travel is a requirement of this position.