Careers at Answer
Answer is a national organization that provides and promotes unfettered access to comprehensive sex education for young people and the adults who teach them. We are dedicated to ensuring young people have the knowledge and skills to be healthy and safe well into the future. For nearly 40 years, we have helped adults be the best sexuality educators they can be by providing the latest resources, most current information and best practices for reaching and teaching the youth in their lives.
Answer seeks a part-time (up to 19 hours per week) administrative assistant to support our training, communications and fundraising activities.
Reporting to Answer’s interim executive director, the administrative assistant’s key duties include the following:
- Prepare training materials, including photocopies, certificates and other supplies, and ship training packets in anticipation of upcoming trainings.
- Generate and process training invoices and follow up with clients to ensure payment is received.
- Complete data entry and generate reports from organizational database in Microsoft Access.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Answer staff.
- Assist with donor communications, including preparing large mailings using Microsoft Word and Excel mail merge, tracking donations and updating donor contact information.
- Monitor and respond to e-mails from Answer and Sex, Etc. e-mail accounts.
- Answer phones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Manage conference room booking.
- Process orders from Answer’s online store, including managing Sex, Etc. magazine subscriptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidate must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Access, internet skills, and ability to learn a variety of university electronic systems.
Candidate must demonstrate superb customer service and professional demeanor by phone, e-mail and in person.
Candidate must be able to work as part of a team. Candidate must have flexible communication skills that ensure clarity when interfacing with staff, customers, national partners and other Rutgers University departments.
Candidate must demonstrate enthusiasm about Answer’s mission.
Bachelors degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.